Skip to main content

GIVING MY SEAT TO A BLIND LAD VENKATACHALAM SALEM

GIVING MY SEAT TO A BLIND LAD in a Chennai city bus VENKATACHALAM SALEM 


Recently my friend, Raja Christopher sent an excellent video animation !
.


In that video, in a night train travel, a young lady will offer her seat to an old man and travel standing. The ticket checker will find out this good deed and tell that there is a seat in the next compartment. Hence, the lady will start to move out and go there !

Wow ! Only then we will
know that she is a DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSON, using a crutch like stand to move about !

It was a fantastic video,
nice message.

Will you agree that
-- I had done exactly this at Chennai ?

m.m.m.m.m.m.m.m.m.m

Nostalgia !

In 2005, I worked for 4 months as a video SUB TITLE writer or translator in AYNGRN, Kilpauk Gardens, Chennai. It was such an enjoyable experience, watching Tamil movies, songs and translating it for foreigners. However, I could save anything, hence I will have to return to Salem after 8 months of struggle.

Let me tell further.

My office was at KILPAUK GARDENs in the NEW AVADI ROAD. And I stayed 2 kms below Thiruvanmiyur, at NEHRU NAGAR, in the O.M.R.

Then OMR was like an earthquake zone. All buildings, broken or scrapped 10 feet or more. And rumbles all around. The new OMR was under construction.

Daily I will have to use 3 transports to reach my office. First via a share~auto, I will reach Thiruvanmiyur. Then take a  city bus and reach ADAYAR DEPOT. There I will go inside and board an empty bus that will take me to KILPAUK GARDENS via  Nungambakam Highway. The conductor will say that the same bus route no. will be available in the main road. But I will have to convince him that I am not in a hurry and that I will wait patiently in the bus, until it starts.

Immediately after I board the empty bus, I will take a magazine or newspaper and start reading it with rapt attention.  The seats will be full and many people will be standing. It will be peak hours and all sorts of people will board the bus. Hence, I will be hearing the "sweet" Chennai slang all along.

I will have to travel a solid one hour to reach my bus stop.

Out of 26 days in a month, I used to give my seat to aged people or people who have difficulty standing inside a bus, at least 5 or 6 days. Of course, I will have to lie to them that my bus stop has almost approached and I will be shortly getting down.

Then I did not use a walking stick.

One day, I vividly recall giving my seat to a 20 year old BLIND GUY in a city bus in the peak hour.

Even today I could not digest that fact that why nobody else, who were able~bodied, had not given him a seat, before I could do it?

Ya, I should agree that
India is ranking last in humanitarian index !

Ezhilarasan Venkatachalam Salem
Tamil Based English Trainer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VENKATACHALAMs soft skills CLIPS 1 TO 25

VENKATACHALAMs soft skills CLIPS 1 TO 25  Ezhilarasan Venkatachalam's  LIKED CLIPS COLLECTION - numbered in descending order.  Friends, I have spent lot of time to view many videos and selected the following useful matter from them. Please open the link and watch carefully. //  நண்பர்களே,  நான் பல மணிநேரம் செலவிட்டு பல  வீடியோக்களைப் பார்த்து, பிறகு அவற்றிலிருந்து பயனுள்ள பின்வருவனவற்றைத் தேர்ந்தெடுத்து உள்ளேன். இணைப்பைத் திறந்து கவனமாகப் பார்க்கவும். [25] RIVERS DON'T DRINK THEIR OWN WATER  https://youtube.com/shorts/UX5nZ7ORC-g?feature=share   [2 4] "I CUT MY HAIR TO PLAY TENNIS". Kiran Bedi, IPS, is of course a great personality.  https://youtube.com/shorts/gEfejarZDzI?feature=share (Part 2 ..  26 to 50)    [23]  S. P. KALIYA MURTHY: Thomas Alva Edison was rejected from his school. His teacher wrote a letter to his mother asking her not to send him to school because he is mentally retarded. BUT HER MOTHER NEVER TOLD HIM THIS. SHE TOLD HIM THE OPPOSITE.  https://you

Venkatachalams soft skills clips 25 to 50

Friends, I would like to share a big collection of 25 links for video that I enjoyed with you all [from 25 to 50 in reverse order ].   PLEASE SELECT EACH LINK GIVEN BELOW AND  VIEW THE VIDEOs [50] Rajnikant talks about miracles ... [English] https://youtube.com/shorts/EGaHfZgBZUQ?feature=share   --- [42] -People "think" money can solve all problems, but Sudha Murthy says it can solve only 10%.  https://youtube.com/shorts/Uf-qC58l61s?feature=share  (Part 1  ... 1 to 25)   -- Part 3 -- links 51 to 100    [48]  What Abraham Lincoln said about cutting a tree? -    Madhavan quotes  [NA]  https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxOj07LhPKcEqEaz9ORbzAFljjKCBGrr2i   [47] Sudha Murthy - childcare - mobile addition  [English] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=86UDb51DvuI  [6:04] [46] Secret of a happy married life - Sudha Murthy   https://youtube.com/shorts/rcB4k92NXn8?feature=share [45] The richest people did not follow the regular route of college, job etc ... https://youtube.com/shorts/rjQOH-x2W9w?

soft skills by EZHILARASAN MENU 0422

MENU 0422 SOFT SKILLS BY EZHILARASAN VENKATACHALAM .. . Online English classes through Tamil . LINKS TO Soft Skills ARTICLES THAT may REDEFINE YOUR LIFE / இந்த கட்டுரைகள் உங்கள் வாழ்வில் புதிய ஒளி ஏற்றலாம் டோண்ட் மிஸ் ப்ளீஸ்  .. 01   PREGNANT DEER .. 02   WHO WILL CRY WHEN YOU DIE ? . . 03   ZEN STORY – BIG TEA CUP & SMALL TEA CUP .. . . . . 04 ZEN STORY – PATIENCE . . . . . . . . . 05   AMITAAB_BACHCHAN MEETS TATA . . 06 BODY LANGUAGE – AN INTRODUCTION .. . . . . . 07 LEARN FROM AN EAGLE – PART 1 . . 08 LEARN FROM AN EAGLE – PART 2 . PSYCHOLOGY IN TAMIL    MENU எழிலரசன் வெங்கடாசலம் சேலம் தமிழ் வழி சிறப்பு ஆங்கில பயிற்சியாளர் EZHILARASAN VENKATACHALAM Tamil Based ENGLISH TRAINER SALEM, South India. WHATSAPP TEXT ONLY = 99526 60402 New contacts WHATSAPP TEXT FIRST  . Online English class _ தமிழ் வழி ஆங்கில பயிற்சி   . . THANKS To   . . BIRDS EYE VIEW